400 snowmobiles recalled for explosion danger
- May 22, 2008 10:07 AM
- By Tara Kimura
Wisconsin-based BRP U.S. Inc. is recalling about 400 Ski-Doo snowmobiles because sparking in the fuel tank could trigger an explosion, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission said Wednesday.
The company has learned of four related incidents, including one report of injury of burns to the legs, fingers and face.
The recall affects the following models:
- 2005 Expedition TUV 600 H.O. SDI.
- 2007 Skandic SWT V-800.
- 2008 Skandic SWT V-800.
- 2008 Skandic SUV 600 H.O. SDI.
The vehicles were sold in the U.S. from March 2004 through March 2007 for between $9,000 and $10,000 US.
The snowmobiles were manufactured in Finland.
Consumers should stop using the snowmobiles and contact a Ski-Doo dealer for a free repair.
- Seymour Custom Solvent recalled over labelling
- Health Canada has recalled 16,000 Seymour Custom Solvent Blend and Water Blend aerosol products because they do not meet mandatory warning labelling requirements.... Continue reading this post
- Kids eyeglass cases recalled because of lead levels
- About 1,500 childrens' eyeglass cases have been recalled because paint on the cases contains lead levels in excess of federal standards.... Continue reading this post