Tend-R Cookin' Chicken products recalled from marketplace
- April 11, 2008 10:27 AM
- By Peter Hadzipetros
Canada's food watchdog has issued an allergy alert, warning consumers with egg or milk protein allergies to avoid certain Tend-R Cookin' Chicken products.
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency said Wednesday that St. John's-based Tend-R Cookin' Inc. failed to list the egg and milk proteins on its product labels.
The recall affects the following products:
- Buffalo Chicken Wings Cut-Up, Seasoned, 600 g, UPC 7 79268 00150 9, product code up to and including 08072.
- Golden Fried Chicken Wing Snacks, 625 g, UPC 7 79268 00150 9, product code up to and including 08089.
- Breaded Oven-baked Chicken Pieces, 710 g, UPC 7 79268 00600 9, product code up to and including 08088.
- Breaded Fried Chicken Pieces, 900 g, UPC 7 79268 00010 6, product code up to and including 08088.
The products were distributed in Newfoundland and Labrador. No related illnesses have been reported.
The CFIA is monitoring the effectiveness of the recall from the marketplace. Consumers with questions can call the federal agency at 1-800-442-2342.
- Seymour Custom Solvent recalled over labelling
- Health Canada has recalled 16,000 Seymour Custom Solvent Blend and Water Blend aerosol products because they do not meet mandatory warning labelling requirements.... Continue reading this post
- Kids eyeglass cases recalled because of lead levels
- About 1,500 childrens' eyeglass cases have been recalled because paint on the cases contains lead levels in excess of federal standards.... Continue reading this post