CBCnews

Avon bears withdrawn for fire hazard

Avon Products is recalling about 113,000 plush polar bears because they pose a fire hazard, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission said Wednesday.

Warming pouches inside the bears may overheat or catch fire when warmed in a microwave. The company has learned of 41 bears overheating and six incidents of minor burn injuries.

The bears were manufactured in China.

The bears were sold individually and as a part of a gift set through Avon sales representatives and through the website from July 2007 through February 2008.

Consumers should stop using the bear and return the pouch for a refund.

Recall notice

Company website