Soft Air USA recalls toy helicopters for fire, burn dangers
- February 12, 2008 3:14 PM
- By Peter Hadzipetros
Texas-based Soft Air USA Inc. is recalling about 30,000 remote-controlled helicopter toys because a rechargeable battery inside the toy may catch fire, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission said Tuesday.
Six associated incidents, including one minor injury, have been reported to the company.
The recall affects the Fun2Fly Microcopter with the item number 91001 sold in U.S. stores from May 2007 through December 2007 for about $30 US.
The helicopters were manufactured in China.
Consumers should stop using the toys and return them to the retailer for a refund.
- Seymour Custom Solvent recalled over labelling
- Health Canada has recalled 16,000 Seymour Custom Solvent Blend and Water Blend aerosol products because they do not meet mandatory warning labelling requirements.... Continue reading this post
- Kids eyeglass cases recalled because of lead levels
- About 1,500 childrens' eyeglass cases have been recalled because paint on the cases contains lead levels in excess of federal standards.... Continue reading this post