Michelina's recalls chicken bowls, issues egg allergy alert
- February 19, 2008 10:49 AM
- By Peter Hadzipetros
Microwave dinner manufacturer Michelina's has issued a voluntary recall of its sweet and sour chicken bowls and warned consumers with egg allergies not to consume the product.
In a recall notice released Feb. 15, Michelina's says their Avantage Wholesome Menu Bowl Sweet and Sour Chicken dish may contain egg, which is not listed among the ingredients.
The company says consumption of the product may cause a serious or life-threatening reaction in persons with egg allergies. Symptoms of an allergic reaction include a flushed face, hives or a rash, facial swelling, trouble breathing or swallowing, faintness, weakness, rapid heart beat and vomiting.
There have been no reports of illness associated with consumption of the product, the recall notice says.
The product was sold nationally in 312g packages with the UPC 17854 21622 7 and embossed manufacturing code J7270 on the side panel.
Customers who purchased the chicken bowls are asked to return the product to the place of purchase for a full refund or replacement. Consumers may also contact the company at 1-800-568-5801 to arrange to have the product replaced.
No other Michelina's products are included in the recall.
- Seymour Custom Solvent recalled over labelling
- Health Canada has recalled 16,000 Seymour Custom Solvent Blend and Water Blend aerosol products because they do not meet mandatory warning labelling requirements.... Continue reading this post
- Kids eyeglass cases recalled because of lead levels
- About 1,500 childrens' eyeglass cases have been recalled because paint on the cases contains lead levels in excess of federal standards.... Continue reading this post