Meat products contain undeclared soy and wheat
- February 28, 2008 11:02 AM
- By Peter Hadzipetros
Consumers with wheat or soy allergies are being warned not to eat certain Bahay-Kubo and Ongpin Cuisine meat products because they contain undeclared wheat and soy.
The products were distributed in Ontario, said the Canadian Food Inspection Agency, which issued the alert Wednesday.
The manufacturer, Gardena Food Corporation, of Scarborough, Ontario, is voluntarily recalling the affected products from the marketplace.
The recall affects Bahay-Kubo Chicken Embutido Chicken Meat Loaf bearing the code 7 74310 96120 6, Bahay-Kubo Pork Embutido Pork Meat Loaf with the code 7 74310 96110 7, Bahay-Kubo Pork - Bola Steamed Bun with Meat Ball bearing the code 7 74310 96030 8, Bahay-Kubo Chicken Bola Steamed Bun with Chicken Ball with the code 7 74310 96020.
It also affects Ongpin Cuisine Pork Lumpia Shanghai Style Pork Spring Roll, bearing the code 8 78052 00013 8.
For more information, consumers can call the CFIA at 1-800-442-2342/TTY 1-800-465-7735.
- Seymour Custom Solvent recalled over labelling
- Health Canada has recalled 16,000 Seymour Custom Solvent Blend and Water Blend aerosol products because they do not meet mandatory warning labelling requirements.... Continue reading this post
- Kids eyeglass cases recalled because of lead levels
- About 1,500 childrens' eyeglass cases have been recalled because paint on the cases contains lead levels in excess of federal standards.... Continue reading this post