Campbell Hausfeld recalls 135,000 air compressors for fire hazard
- February 14, 2008 11:39 AM
- By Peter Hadzipetros
Ohio-based Campbell Hausfeld on Thursday recalled 135,000 air compressors because the materials were not flame retardant and could pose a safety hazard to users.
The recall affects the following Campbell Hausfeld and Husky brand air compressors:
- Units with the model numbers HL410100, HL421000, HL421500, HL431500 with first four digits of the serial number ranging from 0705 through 0307.
- Units with the model numbers HL540200 with a serial number prefix HY, KB or HU followed by a date code from 1106 through 1107.
Protective covers on compressors' motors were not made of flame retardant material and could ignite. The company has learned of 11 associated fires, including two in Canada. No injuries were reported.
Consumers should stop using the air compressors and contact the company at (800) 241-0448 for a free repair kit.
- Seymour Custom Solvent recalled over labelling
- Health Canada has recalled 16,000 Seymour Custom Solvent Blend and Water Blend aerosol products because they do not meet mandatory warning labelling requirements.... Continue reading this post
- Kids eyeglass cases recalled because of lead levels
- About 1,500 childrens' eyeglass cases have been recalled because paint on the cases contains lead levels in excess of federal standards.... Continue reading this post