My First Kenmore play stoves pulled
- January 18, 2008 1:39 PM
- By Peter Hadzipetros
About 17,000 My First Kenmore play stoves are being withdrawn because they pose a safety hazard to young children, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission said Thursday.
The CPSC warns a bracket on the stoves, sold through Sears and Kmart stores in the U.S., may cause the unit to tip over when the door is opened.
One child suffered bruises after the stove tipped over, the CPSC said.
The wooden stoves, which were made in Taiwan, were sold from September 2007 through November 2007 for about $100 US.
Consumers should remove a bracket connecting the door to the stove and contact the company for new assembly instructions.
- Seymour Custom Solvent recalled over labelling
- Health Canada has recalled 16,000 Seymour Custom Solvent Blend and Water Blend aerosol products because they do not meet mandatory warning labelling requirements.... Continue reading this post
- Kids eyeglass cases recalled because of lead levels
- About 1,500 childrens' eyeglass cases have been recalled because paint on the cases contains lead levels in excess of federal standards.... Continue reading this post