43,000 Lenox dishes recalled for fire and burn hazards
- December 24, 2007 12:02 PM
- By Peter Hadzipetros
Pennsylvania-based Lenox is recalling about 43,000 covered dishes warmed by tea candles set below because they pose fire and burn hazards to users.
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission warned Friday flames from the tea candles may rise higher than expected. The CPSC also said a label on the bottom of the dish may smoke when exposed to the flame.
The company has learned of eight associated incidents though no injuries have been reported.
The recall applies to the following dishes:
- Holiday, SKU #782673.
- Winter Greetings, SKU #782697.
- Holiday Gatherings, SKU #782670.
- Orchard & Bloom, SKU #783368.
- Butler's Pantry, SKU #783357.
- Butterfly Meadow, SKU #783362.
The dishes were sold in U.S. stores from October 2007 through December 2007 for about $30 US. The products were manufactured in China and Indonesia.
Consumers should stop using the dishes and return them to the retailer for a refund.
- Seymour Custom Solvent recalled over labelling
- Health Canada has recalled 16,000 Seymour Custom Solvent Blend and Water Blend aerosol products because they do not meet mandatory warning labelling requirements.... Continue reading this post
- Kids eyeglass cases recalled because of lead levels
- About 1,500 childrens' eyeglass cases have been recalled because paint on the cases contains lead levels in excess of federal standards.... Continue reading this post