Meijer firepits recalled for fire hazard
- November 28, 2007 4:48 PM
- By Peter Hadzipetros
Michigan-based Meijer Inc. is recalling about 6,000 Grand Gourmet Firepits because the legs can bend or break, causing the firepit to turn over, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission said Tuesday.
The recall applies to the wood-burning firepits with the model FSQ279 sold in Meijer stores in Michigan, Ohio, Illinois, Indiana and Kentucky from September 2004 through August 2007 for about $60 US each.
The company has received two reports of firepits collapsing. No associated injuries were reported.
Consumers should stop using the firepits, which were manufactured in Taiwan, and return them for a refund.
- Seymour Custom Solvent recalled over labelling
- Health Canada has recalled 16,000 Seymour Custom Solvent Blend and Water Blend aerosol products because they do not meet mandatory warning labelling requirements.... Continue reading this post
- Kids eyeglass cases recalled because of lead levels
- About 1,500 childrens' eyeglass cases have been recalled because paint on the cases contains lead levels in excess of federal standards.... Continue reading this post