Hunter Fan pulls 84,000 humidifiers for fire hazard
- November 7, 2007 12:31 PM
- By Peter Hadzipetros
About 84,000 Carefree Humidifier Warm Mist humidifiers have been recalled because they may leak, creating a fire hazard, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission said Tuesday.
The manufacturer, Memphis-based Hunter Fan Co., has learned of four incidents involving a leak, including one report of a fire that caused minor property damage.
The recall affects Carefree Humidifier Warm Mist products with the model numbers 36200, 35201, 36201, 35202, 36204, 35203, 36203, 37203, 35207, 36207, 35253 and 36253.
The humidifiers were sold in U.S. stores and through mail order catalogues and online retailers from September 2005 through February 2007 for between $40 and $65 US.
Consumers should stop using the units and call the company for a replacement or refund.
- Seymour Custom Solvent recalled over labelling
- Health Canada has recalled 16,000 Seymour Custom Solvent Blend and Water Blend aerosol products because they do not meet mandatory warning labelling requirements.... Continue reading this post
- Kids eyeglass cases recalled because of lead levels
- About 1,500 childrens' eyeglass cases have been recalled because paint on the cases contains lead levels in excess of federal standards.... Continue reading this post