Birch bark wrapped candles recalled due to fire hazard
- November 16, 2007 11:37 AM
- By Peter Hadzipetros
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission announced Thursday a voluntary recall of birch bark wrapped candles imported by Gate Five Group LLC, d.b.a. Roost, of California.
The bark wrapping can ignite when the candle burns down. While no injuries or property damage has been reported, about 1,200 candles were sold, mostly in the United States.
The centre of the candle is white and the sides are covered with brown birch bark. Item numbers affected by the recall are: CN501, CN502, CN503, and CN504.
"Roost" and the item number can be found on the box. "Roost" can also be found on the warning label on the bottom of the candle.
Consumers should stop using the candles immediately and return them to the place of purchase for a full refund or call Roost for product pickup and a full refund.
Consumers can call Roost collect at (415) 339-9500 ext. 212 between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. PT Monday through Friday.
- Seymour Custom Solvent recalled over labelling
- Health Canada has recalled 16,000 Seymour Custom Solvent Blend and Water Blend aerosol products because they do not meet mandatory warning labelling requirements.... Continue reading this post
- Kids eyeglass cases recalled because of lead levels
- About 1,500 childrens' eyeglass cases have been recalled because paint on the cases contains lead levels in excess of federal standards.... Continue reading this post