Allergy alert issued for Anna's cookies
- November 9, 2007 1:25 PM
- By Peter Hadzipetros
Canada's food watchdog on Thursday announced a recall of Anna's cookies sold across the country because they contain milk protein not listed on its label.
The recall applies to the following products sold in 150 g weights:
- Anna’s Orange Thins Swedish Biscuits with Orange, UPC 0 54358 11826 9.
- Anna’s Orange Flavoured Thins Orange Flavoured Cookies, UPC 0 54358 11826 9.
- Anna’s Cappuccino Thins Swedish Biscuits, UPC 0 54358 12338 6.
- Anna’s Cappuccino Flavoured Thins Coffee Flavoured Cookies, UPC 0 54358 12338 6.
- Anna’s Lemon Flavoured Thins Lemon Flavored Cookies, UPC 0 54358 11927 3.
- Anna’s Ginger Thins Classic Ginger Cookies, UPC 0 54358 11126 0.
- Anna’s Almond Cinnamon Thins Traditional Almond Cinnamon Cookies, UPC 0 54358 11626 5.
- Anna’s Chocolate Mint Thins Flavoured Cookies, UPC 0 54358 11876 4.
The best before dates range from May 15, 2008 to December 10, 2008, the Canadian Food Inspection Agency says.
One associated illness has been reported to the company
Calgary-based Anna's of North America is recalling the products from the marketplace. Consumers with questions can call the CFIA at 1-800-442-2342.
- Seymour Custom Solvent recalled over labelling
- Health Canada has recalled 16,000 Seymour Custom Solvent Blend and Water Blend aerosol products because they do not meet mandatory warning labelling requirements.... Continue reading this post
- Kids eyeglass cases recalled because of lead levels
- About 1,500 childrens' eyeglass cases have been recalled because paint on the cases contains lead levels in excess of federal standards.... Continue reading this post