54,000 Visual Presenters recalled for fire hazard
- November 21, 2007 3:51 PM
- By Peter Hadzipetros
New York-based ELMO USA Corp. is withdrawing about 54,000 visual presenters that have been found to overheat, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission said Wednesday.
The recall of the presenters, which project digital images, applies to products sold under the ELMO, Epson, Doar Communications, Vtel and Tandberg brand names. The units were manufactured between December 1993 and December 2003.
Consumers should check their machines for the following manufacturer numbers to see if their unit is affected by the recall: EV-500AF, EV-400AF, EV-6000AF, EV-8000AF, HV-5000XG, HV-7000SX, HV-8000SX, EV-4400AF, HV-5100XG and Epson model ELPDC02.
The presenters were sold in U.S. stores from December 1993 to June 2006 for between $2,600 and $9,000 US each.
No injuries have been reported.
Consumers should stop using the machines and contact ELMO USA for an inspection and repair. Owners of Epson models should contact Epson.
- Seymour Custom Solvent recalled over labelling
- Health Canada has recalled 16,000 Seymour Custom Solvent Blend and Water Blend aerosol products because they do not meet mandatory warning labelling requirements.... Continue reading this post
- Kids eyeglass cases recalled because of lead levels
- About 1,500 childrens' eyeglass cases have been recalled because paint on the cases contains lead levels in excess of federal standards.... Continue reading this post