Milk warning issued for Charlemagne Chocolatiers chocolate
- October 25, 2007 11:48 AM
- By Peter Hadzipetros
People with allergies to milk protein are being warned not to eat Charlemagne Chocolatiers Tea Bio Organic Chocolate.
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) is warning that the product may contain milk, which is not declared on the label.
Charlemagne Chocolatiers Tea Bio Organic, imported from Belgium, is sold in a 50-gram package. All best-before dates and batch codes are affected by this alert.
The chocolate was sold in Quebec and Ontario but may also have been distributed nationally.
There have been no reported illnesses but eating the chocolate may cause a serious or life-threatening reaction in people with allergies to milk protein.
For more information, consumers can call the CFIA at 1-800-442-2342/TTY 1-800-465-7735 (8 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET, Monday to Friday).
- Seymour Custom Solvent recalled over labelling
- Health Canada has recalled 16,000 Seymour Custom Solvent Blend and Water Blend aerosol products because they do not meet mandatory warning labelling requirements.... Continue reading this post
- Kids eyeglass cases recalled because of lead levels
- About 1,500 childrens' eyeglass cases have been recalled because paint on the cases contains lead levels in excess of federal standards.... Continue reading this post