Sears warns about car seats
- September 11, 2007 5:14 PM
- By Peter Hadzipetros
Sears Canada says certain childrens car seats are potentially dangerous because the centre-front adjuster strap could loosen, which might reduce the effectiveness of the seat in a crash.
Dorel Distribution Canada, which provided the seats, will give consumers a repair kit to replace the strap.
Sears sold some of the Eddie Bauer and Safety 1st seats through its department stores, catalogues and online between June 2004 and September 2007.
The affected items include:
Eddie Bauer Car Seat
Eddie Bauer LaurelHurst Car Seat
Eddie Bauer Mercer Elite Car Seat
Eddie Bauer Lakemont Elite Car Seat
Safety 1st Enspira car Seat
Safety 1st Intera Car
Safety 1st Intera Car Seat
Dorel told Sears about the problem, but there have been no reported injuries, Sears said.
Consumers can call Dorel at 1-800-219-0540.
- Seymour Custom Solvent recalled over labelling
- Health Canada has recalled 16,000 Seymour Custom Solvent Blend and Water Blend aerosol products because they do not meet mandatory warning labelling requirements.... Continue reading this post
- Kids eyeglass cases recalled because of lead levels
- About 1,500 childrens' eyeglass cases have been recalled because paint on the cases contains lead levels in excess of federal standards.... Continue reading this post