Mattel recalls toys for high levels of lead
- September 5, 2007 2:23 PM
- By Peter Hadzipetros
Toymaker Mattel on Tuesday issued a global recall of 844,000 toys, including about 25,500 in Canada, because they contain excessive levels of lead.
The Canadian recall applies to the following products:
- Barbie Dream Puppy House, Item J9485.
- Barbie Dream Kitty Condo, Item J9486.
- Barbie Table & Chairs Kitchen, Item K8606.
- Barbie Bathtub and Toilet, Item K8607.
- Barbie Desk & Chair Bedroom, Item K8609.
- Barbie Living Room, Item K8608.
- Barbie Ultimate Furniture Gift Set, Item K8613.
- Fisher-Price GeoTrax Rail & Road System Freightway Transport, Item H5705.
- Fisher-Price GeoTrax Special Track Pack, Item K3013.
The U.S. recall also includes Big Big World 6-in-1 Bongo Band toys.
Surface paint on the toys contains excessive levels of lead, according to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission. No associated injuries have been reported.
Consumers should take the toys away from children and contact Mattel at (888) 496-8330 for a refund.
- Seymour Custom Solvent recalled over labelling
- Health Canada has recalled 16,000 Seymour Custom Solvent Blend and Water Blend aerosol products because they do not meet mandatory warning labelling requirements.... Continue reading this post
- Kids eyeglass cases recalled because of lead levels
- About 1,500 childrens' eyeglass cases have been recalled because paint on the cases contains lead levels in excess of federal standards.... Continue reading this post