Space heaters recalled for fire hazard
- August 30, 2007 3:29 PM
- By Peter Hadzipetros
About 84,000 space heaters are being withdrawn because they have been found to overheat, creating a fire hazard, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission said Thursday.
South Carolina-based manufacturer Marley Engineered Products, formerly known as Berko Electric, has learned of 29 incidents of fires causing property damage. No associated injuries have been reported.
The recall applies to toe-space heaters installed in kitchens and bathrooms with the Berko Electric catalogue numbers TS, TS-1 and heaters with the Emerson Electric catalogue number KSH2000.
The products were sold through Berko Electric wholesale distributors in the U.S. from 1972 through February 1985, and Emerson Electric wholesale distributors from 1980 through February 1985 for between $70 and $170 US each.
Consumers should stop using the heaters and contact the company for further instructions.
- Seymour Custom Solvent recalled over labelling
- Health Canada has recalled 16,000 Seymour Custom Solvent Blend and Water Blend aerosol products because they do not meet mandatory warning labelling requirements.... Continue reading this post
- Kids eyeglass cases recalled because of lead levels
- About 1,500 childrens' eyeglass cases have been recalled because paint on the cases contains lead levels in excess of federal standards.... Continue reading this post