Stop using certain Tuhoe generators and water pumps, CSA advises
- July 20, 2007 1:29 PM
- By Peter Hadzipetros
Consumers are being advised to stop using certain Tuhoe-brand gas-powered generators and water pumps because they don't meet industry standards and may be shock or fire hazards, CSA International said Friday.
CSA International, which tests and certifies products to meet industry standards, issued the product safety alert in co-operation with retailer Morrows, a Drumbo, Ont.-based retailer, and K&K Wholesale, a Kitchener, Ont.-based importer.
Consumers should stop using the affected units and return them to Morrows or K&K immediately. CSA International also said it does not certify gas-powered water pumps.
The affected units can be identified by the Tuhoe name on the fuel tank and one of the following model numbers:
· Tuhoe TH 950D - 950 watt
· Tuhoe TH1200C - 1200 watt
· Tuhoe TH 2500 - 2500 watt
· Tuhoe TH6500E - 6500 watt
· Tuhoe WDB 50-A
Morrows, K&K Wholesale and other retailers in the Drumbo and Kitchener areas sold about 100 products, CSA International said.
- Seymour Custom Solvent recalled over labelling
- Health Canada has recalled 16,000 Seymour Custom Solvent Blend and Water Blend aerosol products because they do not meet mandatory warning labelling requirements.... Continue reading this post
- Kids eyeglass cases recalled because of lead levels
- About 1,500 childrens' eyeglass cases have been recalled because paint on the cases contains lead levels in excess of federal standards.... Continue reading this post