Tahini recall expanded
- May 30, 2007 8:13 AM
- By Peter Hadzipetros
Canada's food watchdog has expanded an earlier recall of MaraNatha brand Organic Raw and Roasted Sesame Tahini to include two more product codes.
The following products have been added to the recall for possible salmonella contamination:
- Organic Raw Sesame Tahini, UPC code 0 51651 09327 9, best before date up to and including April 11, 2008.
- Organic Roasted Sesame Tahini, UPC code 0 51651 09328 6, best before date up to and including April 11, 2008.
The earlier recall, issued last week, applied to:
- Organic Raw Sesame Tahini, UPC 0 51651 09327 9, with a best before date up to and including Oct. 2, 2007.
- Organic Roasted Sesame Tahini, UPC 0 51651 09328 6, with a best before date up to and including Oct. 2, 2007.
The products were distributed across the country. No associated illnesses have been reported.
Foods tainted with salmonella may not look or smell spoiled, but the bacteria can cause symptoms such as high fever, severe headache, vomiting, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea. In rare cases, the bacteria can kill people who are very young or elderly or who have weakened immune systems.
Every year, 6,000 to 12,000 cases of salmonella illness are reported across Canada.
- Seymour Custom Solvent recalled over labelling
- Health Canada has recalled 16,000 Seymour Custom Solvent Blend and Water Blend aerosol products because they do not meet mandatory warning labelling requirements.... Continue reading this post
- Kids eyeglass cases recalled because of lead levels
- About 1,500 childrens' eyeglass cases have been recalled because paint on the cases contains lead levels in excess of federal standards.... Continue reading this post