Cake, brownie mix recall expands
- March 1, 2007 1:24 PM
- By Peter Hadzipetros
Consumers with milk protein allergies should avoid some Great Value brand cake and brownie mixes because they may contain undisclosed milk protein, the Canadian Food Inspection Agency says.
There have been no reports of illness linked to the mixes, but for people with milk protein allergies, eating them could cause a serious or life-threatening reaction.
The agency said Thursday it was expanding the recall announced Feb. 19 to include additional products.
The new warning covers 524-gram boxes of the mixes below, with the UPC code:
· Chocolate Cake Mix, UPC 6 81131 81149 1
· Devils Food Cake Mix, UPC 6 81131 81152 1
· Fudge Brownie Mix, UPC 6 81131 81153 8
· Yellow Cake Mix, UPC 6 81131 81150 7
The products, made in the U.S., were distributed nationally by Wal-Mart Canada. It has launched a voluntary recall, which the CFIA is monitoring.
For more information, call the CFIA at 1-800-442-2342.
- Seymour Custom Solvent recalled over labelling
- Health Canada has recalled 16,000 Seymour Custom Solvent Blend and Water Blend aerosol products because they do not meet mandatory warning labelling requirements.... Continue reading this post
- Kids eyeglass cases recalled because of lead levels
- About 1,500 childrens' eyeglass cases have been recalled because paint on the cases contains lead levels in excess of federal standards.... Continue reading this post