Improperly welded bicycles recalled for fall hazard
- February 27, 2007 1:27 PM
- By Peter Hadzipetros
Mirraco Bicycles is recalling about 11,000 bicycles because they were improperly welded and could cause the user to lose control and fall, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission has announced.
The company has received five reports associated with the welding problem. No injuries have been reported.
The recall involves BMX bicycles with the following models:
· Blend 3.
· Blend 2.
· Blend 1.
· Blend 1s.
· Blend 16.
· Black Pearl 3.
· Black Pearl 2.
· Black Pearl 1.
· Fivestar Park.
· Icon Moto.
· Icon 20Forty.
The bicycles were sold at authorized Mirraco dealers in the U.S. from November 2006 through January 2007 for between $265 and $550 U.S.
Consumers should bring their bicycles to an authorized dealer for an inspection.
- Seymour Custom Solvent recalled over labelling
- Health Canada has recalled 16,000 Seymour Custom Solvent Blend and Water Blend aerosol products because they do not meet mandatory warning labelling requirements.... Continue reading this post
- Kids eyeglass cases recalled because of lead levels
- About 1,500 childrens' eyeglass cases have been recalled because paint on the cases contains lead levels in excess of federal standards.... Continue reading this post