Ikea recalls vase with faulty base
- February 2, 2007 11:14 AM
- By Peter Hadzipetros
kea is recalling its Parodi-style glass vases after it received reports that the bases of some vases broke off for no apparent reason while they were being lifted.
The retailer has received seven complaints worldwide of customers who suffered cuts when the vases broke. Five of those cases needed hospital care.
Ikea says some of the vases may be more prone to breakage, if they have high internal stresses and have been even slightly damaged.
The vase stands 70 centimetres high and weighs about five kilograms. The diameter of the base is 15 cm. The vase comes in black, white and clear glass.
The IKEA logo, the article number and the supplier number are printed on a white sticker on the bottom of each vase.
They can be returned to an Ikea store for a full refund.
- Seymour Custom Solvent recalled over labelling
- Health Canada has recalled 16,000 Seymour Custom Solvent Blend and Water Blend aerosol products because they do not meet mandatory warning labelling requirements.... Continue reading this post
- Kids eyeglass cases recalled because of lead levels
- About 1,500 childrens' eyeglass cases have been recalled because paint on the cases contains lead levels in excess of federal standards.... Continue reading this post