Hasbro recalls 985,000 Easy-Bake Ovens
- February 6, 2007 12:31 PM
- By Peter Hadzipetros
Hasbro is recalling about 985,000 Easy-Bake Ovens because children can catch their hands in the oven's opening, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission announced Tuesday.
The recall involves Easy-Bake Ovens sold since last May with the model number 65805. The front-loading ovens are purple and pink with four decorative burners on top. Ovens sold before May 2006 are not included in the recall.
The ovens were not sold in Canada, according to a Hasbro spokesperson.
The company has learned of 29 incidents where children's fingers or hands have become trapped in an oven. Five of those incidents included reports of burns.
The toys were sold at toy stores in the U.S. from May 2006 through February 2007 for about $25 US.
The company is recommending that consumers take the ovens away from their children and contact the company for free repair kits.
- Seymour Custom Solvent recalled over labelling
- Health Canada has recalled 16,000 Seymour Custom Solvent Blend and Water Blend aerosol products because they do not meet mandatory warning labelling requirements.... Continue reading this post
- Kids eyeglass cases recalled because of lead levels
- About 1,500 childrens' eyeglass cases have been recalled because paint on the cases contains lead levels in excess of federal standards.... Continue reading this post