Cake mix recalled for undeclared milk protein
- February 20, 2007 2:02 PM
- By Peter Hadzipetros
Great Value brand white cake mix is being recalled from the marketplace because it contains milk protein which was not declared on its label, the Canadian Food Inspection Agency has announced.
The recall involves mixes sold in a 524g box with the UPC code 6 81131 81151 4.
The product, distributed by Wal-Mart Canada, was distributed nationally. There has been one associated illness reported. Consumption of the product may trigger a serious or life-threatening reaction for people with milk protein allergies.
The CFIA is monitoring the effectiveness of the voluntary recall.
Consumers can call the CFIA with any questions at 1-800-442-2342 / TTY 1-800-465-7735.
- Seymour Custom Solvent recalled over labelling
- Health Canada has recalled 16,000 Seymour Custom Solvent Blend and Water Blend aerosol products because they do not meet mandatory warning labelling requirements.... Continue reading this post
- Kids eyeglass cases recalled because of lead levels
- About 1,500 childrens' eyeglass cases have been recalled because paint on the cases contains lead levels in excess of federal standards.... Continue reading this post