Blade problem prompts blender recall
- February 16, 2007 2:01 PM
- By Peter Hadzipetros
Anglo Canadian HWI has recalled 6,600 units of a model of its Breville Moda blender because the blade assembly may come loose.
Owners should stop using the device immediately, the company said.
No injuries have been reported.
The recall covers to model No. CBL25XL (UPC 0 2161402916 4), with batch numbers 416, 439, 616 or 626.
The model has a steel base with "'Breville"' written on the front and a glass jar. The model number is on the rating plate, under the unit. The batch number is three digits pressed into the top right-hand corner of the rating label.
The company sold the blenders for about $130 in department stores, mass merchandisers and specialty retailers across Canada between Jan. 1, 2004, and Dec. 31, 2006.
Anglo Canadian will replace the blade assembly.
The company can be reached at 1-888-220-2899.
- Seymour Custom Solvent recalled over labelling
- Health Canada has recalled 16,000 Seymour Custom Solvent Blend and Water Blend aerosol products because they do not meet mandatory warning labelling requirements.... Continue reading this post
- Kids eyeglass cases recalled because of lead levels
- About 1,500 childrens' eyeglass cases have been recalled because paint on the cases contains lead levels in excess of federal standards.... Continue reading this post