Green Bean Cake recalled due to undeclared sesame filling
- January 24, 2007 12:02 PM
- By Peter Hadzipetros
The Canadian Press
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency is warning people with allergies to sesame seeds not to consume some packages of Green Bean Cake.
The affected product contains a sesame filling which is not declared on the label.
The Green Bean Cake was imported from China by Wing On New Group Canada Inc., in Markham, Ont.
The product is sold in 240 gram packages bearing the UPC 6 927091 806011 and all codes are affected by this alert.
There is no brand name listed in English or in French. This product has been distributed in Ontario.
There has been one reported reaction associated with the consumption of this product.
Consumption of this product may cause a serious or life-threatening reaction in persons with allergies to sesame seeds.
The importer is voluntarily recalling the affected product. The CFIA is monitoring the effectiveness of the recall.
For more information, consumers and industry can call the CFIA at 1-800-442-2342 / TTY 1-800-465-7735 (8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. ET, Monday to Friday).
- Seymour Custom Solvent recalled over labelling
- Health Canada has recalled 16,000 Seymour Custom Solvent Blend and Water Blend aerosol products because they do not meet mandatory warning labelling requirements.... Continue reading this post
- Kids eyeglass cases recalled because of lead levels
- About 1,500 childrens' eyeglass cases have been recalled because paint on the cases contains lead levels in excess of federal standards.... Continue reading this post