Warning issued over herbal sleep supplement
- December 13, 2006 4:54 PM
- By Peter Hadzipetros
Consumers are being warned that an herbal sleep supplement can be habit-forming, Health Canada said Wednesday.
The federal agency said the supplement has been found to contain the drug estazolam, which should only be prescribed by a health-care practitioner.
Consumers who take the sleep supplement may experience side-effects including dizziness, drowsiness, confusion, depression, loss of memory and hallucinations.
The drug is not authorized for sale in Canada but may have been picked up by Canadians travelling abroad or from online retailers. The product was also sold at Calgary's Evergreen Acupuncture Clinic.
No adverse reactions associated with the product have been reported in Canada.
- Seymour Custom Solvent recalled over labelling
- Health Canada has recalled 16,000 Seymour Custom Solvent Blend and Water Blend aerosol products because they do not meet mandatory warning labelling requirements.... Continue reading this post
- Kids eyeglass cases recalled because of lead levels
- About 1,500 childrens' eyeglass cases have been recalled because paint on the cases contains lead levels in excess of federal standards.... Continue reading this post