Unauthorized weight-loss product could trigger serious side-effects: Health Canada
- December 13, 2006 12:01 PM
- By Peter Hadzipetros
Consumers should avoid taking the weight-loss products Slim and Detox Peptide as they can cause serious health problems, Health Canada warned on Monday.
The products are not authorized for sale in Canada but may have been purchased by Canadians travelling abroad or by consumers over the internet.
The federal agency warns that the drug may contain sibutramine, which should only be taken under medical supervision. Serious side-effects of sibutramine include vision problems and accelerated heart rate and blood pressure. People using antidepressants should also avoid products containing sibutramine.
Consumers who have the product should not use it and should consult a health professional with any concerns.
- Seymour Custom Solvent recalled over labelling
- Health Canada has recalled 16,000 Seymour Custom Solvent Blend and Water Blend aerosol products because they do not meet mandatory warning labelling requirements.... Continue reading this post
- Kids eyeglass cases recalled because of lead levels
- About 1,500 childrens' eyeglass cases have been recalled because paint on the cases contains lead levels in excess of federal standards.... Continue reading this post