Safety Advisory: Halloween lights pose fire hazard
- December 28, 2006 4:00 PM
- By Peter Hadzipetros
Halloween light bulbs sold by Encore Sales pose a potential fire hazard, the safety agency CSA International said Thursday.
Consumers who purchased the Bright Ideas and Halloween Horrors lights should throw them out or return them to a local retailer, the CSA said.
The 75-watt lights are packaged in boxes that read "Imported by Encore Sales" and have a phoney CSA International trademark stamp. The products bear the UPC codes 60107 82090 and 60107 98672.
A CSA investigation found the light bulbs reach high temperatures and may damage light fixtures. The safety standards agency has not received any reports of injury or damage.
The lights bulbs, which were imported from China, were sold across Canada.
- Seymour Custom Solvent recalled over labelling
- Health Canada has recalled 16,000 Seymour Custom Solvent Blend and Water Blend aerosol products because they do not meet mandatory warning labelling requirements.... Continue reading this post
- Kids eyeglass cases recalled because of lead levels
- About 1,500 childrens' eyeglass cases have been recalled because paint on the cases contains lead levels in excess of federal standards.... Continue reading this post