Health hazard alert: Undeclared almond in Café Tasse brand chocolate bar
- December 11, 2006 11:50 AM
- By Peter Hadzipetros
People with allergies to almond protein should not eat Café Tasse brand Lait Café chocolate bars, the Canadian Food Inspection Agency has warned.
The recalled product, which failed to list almond protein on its label, may have been distributed nationally and through online retailers.
The recall involves the 45 gram bar with the UPC 5 400219 505405.
There have been no associated illnesses reported with the consumption of this product.
Consumption of the chocolate bar may cause a serious or life-threatening reaction in people with allergies to almond protein.
For more information, consumers can call the CFIA at 1-800-442-2342/TTY 1-800-465-7735.
- Seymour Custom Solvent recalled over labelling
- Health Canada has recalled 16,000 Seymour Custom Solvent Blend and Water Blend aerosol products because they do not meet mandatory warning labelling requirements.... Continue reading this post
- Kids eyeglass cases recalled because of lead levels
- About 1,500 childrens' eyeglass cases have been recalled because paint on the cases contains lead levels in excess of federal standards.... Continue reading this post