Health hazard alert: Schar brand wafers and biscotti
- December 11, 2006 10:12 AM
- By Peter Hadzipetros
People with almond, peanut or hazelnut allergies should not eat Schar brand wafers and biscotti products, the Canadian Food Inspection Agency has advised.
The products, which failed to properly list the nuts in their ingredient lists, are:
· Gluten-free Hazelnut Wafers, UPC 8 008698 005422.
· Gluten-free Cocoa Wafers, UPC 8 008698 005408.
· Gluten-free Biscuits with Chocolate, UPC 8 008698 005347 and 8 00869 80534 7.
There have been no reported illnesses associated with the consumption of these products, which have been distributed nationally.
Consumption of these products may cause a serious or life-threatening reaction in persons with almond, peanut or hazelnut allergies.
For more information, consumers and industry representatives can call the CFIA at 1-800-442-2342.
- Seymour Custom Solvent recalled over labelling
- Health Canada has recalled 16,000 Seymour Custom Solvent Blend and Water Blend aerosol products because they do not meet mandatory warning labelling requirements.... Continue reading this post
- Kids eyeglass cases recalled because of lead levels
- About 1,500 childrens' eyeglass cases have been recalled because paint on the cases contains lead levels in excess of federal standards.... Continue reading this post