GAMO USA recalls air rifles for injury hazard
- December 7, 2006 12:35 PM
- By Peter Hadzipetros
GAMO USA Corp is recalling about 14,000 air rifles from the marketplace because they can unexpectedly fire, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission has announced.
The scope mount on the rifle may have been incorrectly installed, the company said. GAMO has learned of one incident in which an air rifle fired unexpectedly but no injuries were reported.
The recall involves the Hunter Pro, Hunter Sport, Shadow Sport and F1200 models, bearing the serial numbers 04-IC-415577-06 through 04-IC-579918-06.
The rifles were sold at sporting good stores and gun shops in the United States from June 2006 to September 2006 for between $150 and $280. The F1200 was sold exclusively at Wal-Mart stores.
Consumers should stop using the air rifles and contact the company for repair instructions.
- Seymour Custom Solvent recalled over labelling
- Health Canada has recalled 16,000 Seymour Custom Solvent Blend and Water Blend aerosol products because they do not meet mandatory warning labelling requirements.... Continue reading this post
- Kids eyeglass cases recalled because of lead levels
- About 1,500 childrens' eyeglass cases have been recalled because paint on the cases contains lead levels in excess of federal standards.... Continue reading this post