Emerson recalls ceiling fans for injury hazard
- December 12, 2006 3:27 PM
- By Peter Hadzipetros
About 4,000 fans made by Emerson Electric Co. are being recalled because they may cause injuries, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission said Tuesday.
The brackets on the 60-inch fans can break, causing the blade to detach, the CPSC said.
The importer, Air Comfort Products, has received one report of a fan blade striking a person in the head. Six incidents have also been reported of the brackets failing, three of which caused minor property damage.
The recalled models include CF760WB, CF760PW, CF760AB, CF760WW, CF760AW, CF760ORB and CF760BS.
The fans were sold in lighting and hardware stores across the U.S. from May 2005 through September 2006.
Consumers should stop using the fans immediately and contact Air Comfort Products for a free replacement fan.
- Seymour Custom Solvent recalled over labelling
- Health Canada has recalled 16,000 Seymour Custom Solvent Blend and Water Blend aerosol products because they do not meet mandatory warning labelling requirements.... Continue reading this post
- Kids eyeglass cases recalled because of lead levels
- About 1,500 childrens' eyeglass cases have been recalled because paint on the cases contains lead levels in excess of federal standards.... Continue reading this post