Chocolate wafer recall update
- December 1, 2006 10:42 AM
- By Peter Hadzipetros
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency has updated its recall of Schar brand gluten-free chocolate wafers with hazelnuts, warning that the product failed to list peanut protein in addition to almond protein on its label.
The product was distributed nationally. Included in the recall is the 105-gram package bearing the UPC codes 8 008698 005286, UPC 8 00869 80528 6, with a best-before date of 21 06 07 and the lot code L161721.
The CFIA is monitoring the effectiveness of the voluntary recall and is investigating. No illnesses associated with the product have been reported.
The product may cause a serious or life-threatening reaction in people with almond protein allergies, the agency said.
- Seymour Custom Solvent recalled over labelling
- Health Canada has recalled 16,000 Seymour Custom Solvent Blend and Water Blend aerosol products because they do not meet mandatory warning labelling requirements.... Continue reading this post
- Kids eyeglass cases recalled because of lead levels
- About 1,500 childrens' eyeglass cases have been recalled because paint on the cases contains lead levels in excess of federal standards.... Continue reading this post