Allergy alert: Undeclared hazelnut in chocolate bar
- December 19, 2006 10:47 AM
- By Peter Hadzipetros
People with allergies to hazelnuts should not eat La Suissa brand Cioccolato Superiore Al Latte chocolate bars, the Canadian Food Inspection Agency has warned.
The recalled product may contain hazelnut protein that was not included in its ingredient list on the label.
The chocolate bars involved in the recall are marked with the UPC code 8 008429 020014. The bars were sold in Alberta, Ontario, Quebec and may also have been distributed elsewhere.
For more information, consumers can call the CFIA at 1-800-442-2342.
- Seymour Custom Solvent recalled over labelling
- Health Canada has recalled 16,000 Seymour Custom Solvent Blend and Water Blend aerosol products because they do not meet mandatory warning labelling requirements.... Continue reading this post
- Kids eyeglass cases recalled because of lead levels
- About 1,500 childrens' eyeglass cases have been recalled because paint on the cases contains lead levels in excess of federal standards.... Continue reading this post