Target recalls various toys for lead hazard
- November 16, 2006 11:38 AM
- By Peter Hadzipetros
Target is recalling about 190,000 of its Kool Toyz children's products, according to the U.S. Consumer Products Safety Commission.
The company has reported that some of the toys contain lead paint, which can be toxic to young children and can cause adverse health effects. Also, the company has received four reports of the toys breaking apart, exposing the user to sharp tips.
The recall involves the following products
· Truck Carry Case, item number 087/01/0050.
· Tiny Playground Set, item number 086/10/0048.
· Dream House Play Set, item number 086/10/0048.
· Discovery Dinosaur Habitat, item number 087/01/0011.
· Command Center Action Figure Play Set, item number 087/01/0034.
· Aircraft Carrier Action Figure Play Set, item number 087/01/0034.
· Air, Land and Sea Defender Play Set, item number 087/01/0036.
· Tank Action Figure Play Set, item number 087/01/0040.
· Helicopter Action Figure Play Set, item number 087/01/0040.
· Remote Control Trucks, item number 087/01/0042.
The products were sold from July 2006 through September 2006 at Target stores and online.
Consumers should return the product for a full refund.
- Seymour Custom Solvent recalled over labelling
- Health Canada has recalled 16,000 Seymour Custom Solvent Blend and Water Blend aerosol products because they do not meet mandatory warning labelling requirements.... Continue reading this post
- Kids eyeglass cases recalled because of lead levels
- About 1,500 childrens' eyeglass cases have been recalled because paint on the cases contains lead levels in excess of federal standards.... Continue reading this post