Replacement program announced for fire extinguishers
- November 14, 2006 9:48 AM
- By Peter Hadzipetros
Ansul Incorporated has announced a voluntary replacement program for its K-Guard, Sentry and Flag Fire extinguishers because they may fail to operate, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission has announced.
The company reported that when the product is dropped horizontally, an interior tube may crack and block the extinguisher from discharging properly.
No associated injuries have been reported.
The recall involves the following models:
· K-Guard Wet Chemical, Models K01-1 and K01-2, with part numbers 430849 (UL), 430850 (ULC), 432843 (UL), 432848 (ULC).
· Sentry Water, Model W02-1, with part numbers 430847 and 430848.
· Flag Fire Kitchen One Wet Chemical, Model KS-6000, with part numbers 552055 and 552500.
· Flag Fire Water, Model PWS25G, with part numbers 552050 and 552501.
The extinguishers were sold from May 2003 through September 2005.
Canadian consumers should call the company at (800) 906-3575 for more information about the replacement program.
- Seymour Custom Solvent recalled over labelling
- Health Canada has recalled 16,000 Seymour Custom Solvent Blend and Water Blend aerosol products because they do not meet mandatory warning labelling requirements.... Continue reading this post
- Kids eyeglass cases recalled because of lead levels
- About 1,500 childrens' eyeglass cases have been recalled because paint on the cases contains lead levels in excess of federal standards.... Continue reading this post