Micro helicopter toys pose burn risk
- November 10, 2006 8:41 AM
- By Peter Hadzipetros
About 46,200 Helix Remote Control Micro helicopters are being recalled from the marketplace, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission has announced.
Toronto-based Spin Master Toys manufactures the remote control toy helicopters, which have been found to overheat. The company has received 11 reports of overheating, including two fires and one report of a consumer suffering minor skin burns.
Involved in the recall are toys with the date codes 06XXXXHM2, 06XXXXHM8, 06XXXXHM186.
The helicopters were sold from July 2006 through early November.
Consumers should stop using the toys and contact Spin Master for a free replacement product.
- Seymour Custom Solvent recalled over labelling
- Health Canada has recalled 16,000 Seymour Custom Solvent Blend and Water Blend aerosol products because they do not meet mandatory warning labelling requirements.... Continue reading this post
- Kids eyeglass cases recalled because of lead levels
- About 1,500 childrens' eyeglass cases have been recalled because paint on the cases contains lead levels in excess of federal standards.... Continue reading this post