Hershey products pulled off Canadian shelves
- November 13, 2006 10:50 AM
- By Peter Hadzipetros
Certain candy bars as well as chocolate chips for baking are among the products Hershey Canada is pulling off store shelves because of possible salmonella contamination.
Hershey Canada Inc. and the Canadian Food Inspection Agency released a list on Sunday of 25 recalled products.
Any foods tainted with salmonella may not look or smell spoiled, but the bacteria can cause symptoms such as high fever, severe headache, vomiting, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea.
Hershey's recalled products can be identified by date codes — ranging from 6417 to 6455 — found on the back of each package. They include:
- Hershey Chipits Milk Chocolate Chips - 270 g.
- Hershey Creamy Milk Chocolate With Almonds - 43 g.
- Hershey Creamy Milk Chocolate - 45 g.
- Oh Henry! - 62.5 g; 62.5g/4 bars; 145 g.
- Oh Henry! Bites - 130 g.
- Oh Henry! Peanut Butter - 60 g.
- Hershey Chipits Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips - 350 grams; 2 kg.
- Hershey Chipits Semi-Sweet Mint Chocolate Chips - 300 g.
- Hershey Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips - 300 g.
- Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate - 45 g.
- Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate with Almonds - 43 g.
- Reese Peanut Butter Cups - 51 g; 68 g; 51 g/4 bars.
- Lowney Cherry Blossom - 45 g.
- Glosette Peanuts - 45 g.
- Glosette Almond - 42 g.
- Glosette Raisin - 50 g; 145 g.
- Hershey's Chocolate Shell Topping - 177 ml.
- Eat-More Dark Toffee Peanut Chew - 56 g; 56 g/4 bars.
- Lowney Bridge Mix - 52 g; 340 g.
- Hershey Assorted 16 count - 728 g.
- Hershey Assorted 50 count - 2.5 kg.
- Hershey Chipits Mini Chocolate Chips - 300 g; 10 kg (Bulk); 175 g; 500 g.
- Hershey Chipits Chocolate Chip Bulk - 10 kg (Bulk).
- Nut Roll - 5 kg (Bulk).
- Hershey Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips - 10 kg (Bulk).
No products produced for Halloween or Christmas are affected, said the company.
There have been no reported illnesses associated with the consumption of the candy or chocolate chips on the recall list, the company said.
- Seymour Custom Solvent recalled over labelling
- Health Canada has recalled 16,000 Seymour Custom Solvent Blend and Water Blend aerosol products because they do not meet mandatory warning labelling requirements.... Continue reading this post
- Kids eyeglass cases recalled because of lead levels
- About 1,500 childrens' eyeglass cases have been recalled because paint on the cases contains lead levels in excess of federal standards.... Continue reading this post