DeWalt recalls framing and circular saws
- November 9, 2006 2:26 PM
- By Peter Hadzipetros
DeWalt is recalling its framing and circular saws because they pose a laceration hazard, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission has announced.
About 97,000 framing saws and 37,000 circular saws are involved in the recall.
DeWalt Industrial Tool Co. reported that the lower blade guard can fail to shut properly, leaving the blade uncovered.
The company has received four reports of the guard failing to close properly, including three reports of lacerations requiring medical attention.
The products included in the recall are:
· DeWalt DW378G, DW378GT 7 ¼-inch framing saws with date codes 200301-49 through 200637-49.
· DeWalt DC300 circular saws with date codes 200601-49 through 200637-49.
The products were sold from January 2003 through August 2006. Consumers can contact the company for a free repair.
- Seymour Custom Solvent recalled over labelling
- Health Canada has recalled 16,000 Seymour Custom Solvent Blend and Water Blend aerosol products because they do not meet mandatory warning labelling requirements.... Continue reading this post
- Kids eyeglass cases recalled because of lead levels
- About 1,500 childrens' eyeglass cases have been recalled because paint on the cases contains lead levels in excess of federal standards.... Continue reading this post