Contact lens solution recalled in U.S. for bacterial contamination
- November 22, 2006 8:51 AM
- By Peter Hadzipetros
Advanced Medical Optics Inc. is recalling batches of its Complete MoisturePlus, multi-purpose contact lens solution and Active Packs because of a bacterial contamination threat.
The company initiated the recall of about 2.9 million units after finding bacterial contamination in three lots found at a plant in China and distributed in Japan. About 183,000 units were sent to the U.S.
The company has not received any reports of associated illness or infections.
Consumers should contact the company for a replacement product.
- Seymour Custom Solvent recalled over labelling
- Health Canada has recalled 16,000 Seymour Custom Solvent Blend and Water Blend aerosol products because they do not meet mandatory warning labelling requirements.... Continue reading this post
- Kids eyeglass cases recalled because of lead levels
- About 1,500 childrens' eyeglass cases have been recalled because paint on the cases contains lead levels in excess of federal standards.... Continue reading this post