Chocolate-coated almonds added to Hershey recall
- November 15, 2006 1:26 PM
- By Peter Hadzipetros
Hershey Canada is adding chocolate-coated almonds purchased in bulk at its factory store in Smiths Falls, Ont., to its list of recalled products.
The chocolate-coated almonds were sold between Oct. 23 and Nov. 10 at the Hershey Chocolate Shoppe. They were not packaged in Halloween, Christmas or other gift packages.
The products involved in the recall can be identified by date codes — ranging from 6417 to 6455 — found on the back of each package. They include:
- Hershey Chipits Milk Chocolate Chips - 270 g.
- Hershey Creamy Milk Chocolate With Almonds - 43 g.
- Hershey Creamy Milk Chocolate - 45 g.
- Oh Henry! - 62.5 g; 62.5g/4 bars; 145 g.
- Oh Henry! Bites - 130 g.
- Oh Henry! Peanut Butter - 60 g.
- Hershey Chipits Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips - 350 grams; 2 kg.
- Hershey Chipits Semi-Sweet Mint Chocolate Chips - 300 g.
- Hershey Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips - 300 g.
- Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate - 45 g.
- Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate with Almonds - 43 g.
- Reese Peanut Butter Cups - 51 g; 68 g; 51 g/4 bars.
- Lowney Cherry Blossom - 45 g.
- Glosette Peanuts - 45 g.
- Glosette Almond - 42 g.
- Glosette Raisin - 50 g; 145 g.
- Hershey's Chocolate Shell Topping - 177 ml.
- Eat-More Dark Toffee Peanut Chew - 56 g; 56 g/4 bars.
- Lowney Bridge Mix - 52 g; 340 g.
- Hershey Assorted 16 count - 728 g.
- Hershey Assorted 50 count - 2.5 kg.
- Hershey Chipits Mini Chocolate Chips - 300 g; 10 kg (Bulk); 175 g; 500 g.
- Hershey Chipits Chocolate Chip Bulk - 10 kg (Bulk).
- Nut Roll - 5 kg (Bulk).
- Hershey Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips - 10 kg (Bulk).
Foods tainted with salmonella may not look or smell spoiled, but the bacteria can cause symptoms such as high fever, severe headache, vomiting, nausea, abdominal pain and diarrhea. People with weak immune systems are also particularly vulnerable to salmonella poisoning.
There have been no reported illnesses associated with the consumption of the Hershey products.
- Seymour Custom Solvent recalled over labelling
- Health Canada has recalled 16,000 Seymour Custom Solvent Blend and Water Blend aerosol products because they do not meet mandatory warning labelling requirements.... Continue reading this post
- Kids eyeglass cases recalled because of lead levels
- About 1,500 childrens' eyeglass cases have been recalled because paint on the cases contains lead levels in excess of federal standards.... Continue reading this post