Allergy alert: Undeclared almond in chocolate wafers
- November 28, 2006 12:27 PM
- By Peter Hadzipetros
People with allergies to almonds should not consume Schär brand snack – gluten-free chocolate wafers with hazelnuts, the Canadian Food Inspection Agency says.
The product, which has been distributed nationally, doesn't have almond protein on its label.
Included in the recall is the 105 g package bearing the UPC codes 8 008698 005286, UPC 8 00869 80528 6 with a best-before date of 21 06 07 and the lot code L161721.
The CFIA is monitoring the effectiveness of the voluntary recall and is investigating. No illnesses associated with the product have been reported.
The product may cause a serious or life-threatening reaction in people with almond protein allergies, the agency said.
- Seymour Custom Solvent recalled over labelling
- Health Canada has recalled 16,000 Seymour Custom Solvent Blend and Water Blend aerosol products because they do not meet mandatory warning labelling requirements.... Continue reading this post
- Kids eyeglass cases recalled because of lead levels
- About 1,500 childrens' eyeglass cases have been recalled because paint on the cases contains lead levels in excess of federal standards.... Continue reading this post