Allergy alert: Undeclared almond in chocolate product
- November 30, 2006 10:27 AM
- By Peter Hadzipetros
People with allergies to almond protein should not consume Swiss Delice Classique Noisettes brand milk chocolate with hazelnuts, the Canadian Food Inspection Agency says.
The product, which was distributed in Ontario and Quebec, failed to list almond protein on its label.
The recall involves the 100-gram package bearing the UPC codes 616501 012478.
The CFIA is monitoring the effectiveness of the voluntary recall and is investigating. No illnesses associated with the product have been reported.
The product may cause a serious or life-threatening reaction in people with almond protein allergies, the agency said.
- Seymour Custom Solvent recalled over labelling
- Health Canada has recalled 16,000 Seymour Custom Solvent Blend and Water Blend aerosol products because they do not meet mandatory warning labelling requirements.... Continue reading this post
- Kids eyeglass cases recalled because of lead levels
- About 1,500 childrens' eyeglass cases have been recalled because paint on the cases contains lead levels in excess of federal standards.... Continue reading this post