Playskool recalls tool-bench toys after two toddlers die
- September 22, 2006 12:23 PM
- By Peter Hadzipetros
Playskool is voluntarily recalling about 255,000 tool-bench toys following the deaths of two young boys, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission announced Friday.
The children, aged 19-months and two years, suffocated when plastic toy nails sold with the "Team Talkin' Tool Bench" became lodged in their throats.
The toys are not intended for children age three and under but Playskool is voluntarily recalling the toys as a precautionary measure to prevent additional incidents.
Consumers are advised to take the oversized nails away from the children and contact the company for return information.
The bench toys were sold from October 2005 through September 2006 for about $35 US.
- Seymour Custom Solvent recalled over labelling
- Health Canada has recalled 16,000 Seymour Custom Solvent Blend and Water Blend aerosol products because they do not meet mandatory warning labelling requirements.... Continue reading this post
- Kids eyeglass cases recalled because of lead levels
- About 1,500 childrens' eyeglass cases have been recalled because paint on the cases contains lead levels in excess of federal standards.... Continue reading this post