Patio Umbrellas pose lead hazard
- September 7, 2006 11:36 AM
- By Peter Hadzipetros
Atico International USA is recalling its 9-foot patio umbrellas sold at Longs Drug Stores across the U.S.
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission advised that the paint on the umbrella poles contain excessive levels of lead.
Consumers should stop using the umbrellas immediately and return the product to the retailers for a full refund.
No incidents of injury have been reported. About 27,700 umbrellas were sold in April and May 2006.
- Seymour Custom Solvent recalled over labelling
- Health Canada has recalled 16,000 Seymour Custom Solvent Blend and Water Blend aerosol products because they do not meet mandatory warning labelling requirements.... Continue reading this post
- Kids eyeglass cases recalled because of lead levels
- About 1,500 childrens' eyeglass cases have been recalled because paint on the cases contains lead levels in excess of federal standards.... Continue reading this post