Desk lamps recalled due to burn hazard
- September 20, 2006 12:16 PM
- By Peter Hadzipetros
About 1,000 Ledu-Brand desk lamps are being voluntarily recalled because they pose a burn hazard, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission has advised.
The lamps contain plastic close to the light bulbs which can overheat and melt, posing a danger to consumers.
Consumers are advised to return the lamps to the point of purchase for a full refund.
The lamps were distributed by Advantus Corp. of Jacksonville, Fla. The company has received two reports of lamps overheating but no incidents of injuries.
The model affected by the recall is L462BK.
- Seymour Custom Solvent recalled over labelling
- Health Canada has recalled 16,000 Seymour Custom Solvent Blend and Water Blend aerosol products because they do not meet mandatory warning labelling requirements.... Continue reading this post
- Kids eyeglass cases recalled because of lead levels
- About 1,500 childrens' eyeglass cases have been recalled because paint on the cases contains lead levels in excess of federal standards.... Continue reading this post