Counterfeit extension cords pose fire hazard
- September 29, 2006 4:10 PM
- By Peter Hadzipetros
A safety alert regarding counterfeit indoor extension cords that pose a potential electric shock and fire hazard was issued Friday by the Canadian Standards Association and Encore Sales.
The 1.5-metre cords have been stamped with a counterfeit CSA International trademark. Consumers should stop using the cords immediately and return them to the point of purchase for a refund.
CSA International investigators found the extension cords were wired incorrectly. No associated incidents or injuries have been reported. Encore Sales imported the cords from China and distributed them across Canada.
A blue label wrapped around the cord near the plug reads: "Ningbo Yunhuan Electronics Group Corp., LL110595, 13A, 125V, 1625W, Cord Set."
For more information, contact Encore Sales at 905-738-8888.
- Seymour Custom Solvent recalled over labelling
- Health Canada has recalled 16,000 Seymour Custom Solvent Blend and Water Blend aerosol products because they do not meet mandatory warning labelling requirements.... Continue reading this post
- Kids eyeglass cases recalled because of lead levels
- About 1,500 childrens' eyeglass cases have been recalled because paint on the cases contains lead levels in excess of federal standards.... Continue reading this post