Allergy Alert: Undeclared milk protein in imported products
- September 20, 2006 12:14 PM
- By Peter Hadzipetros
Certain imported food products have failed to declare milk protein on their labels, the Canadian Food Inspection Agency has advised.
BenCafe International Flavors’ instant coffee mix is being voluntarily recalled.
These products may cause a serious or life-threatening reaction in people with milk protein allergies, the agency said.
There have been no reported illnesses associated with the consumption of these products.
The CFIA is conducting an ongoing investigation and is monitoring the effectiveness of the recall.
- Seymour Custom Solvent recalled over labelling
- Health Canada has recalled 16,000 Seymour Custom Solvent Blend and Water Blend aerosol products because they do not meet mandatory warning labelling requirements.... Continue reading this post
- Kids eyeglass cases recalled because of lead levels
- About 1,500 childrens' eyeglass cases have been recalled because paint on the cases contains lead levels in excess of federal standards.... Continue reading this post